General conditions VeiligStappen.nl for the Consumer
The General Conditions of VeiligStappen.nl for Consumers are described in the tabs below. These General Terms and Conditions apply to private customers and the purchase of products from 'the Arsenal'. If a consumer does a purchase from the B2B Arsenal, then the terms and conditions of the Business Customer will apply. In the event that a consumer uses any of the services of VeiligStappen.nl, the General Terms, and Conditions of Service provided by VeiligStappen.nl apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF VEILIGSTAPPEN.NL FOR THE BUSINESS CLIENT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SERVICES OF VEILIGSTAPPEN.NL
- Terms & Conditions Customer
- Article 1.
- Article 2.
- Article 3.
- Article 4.
- Article 5.
- Article 6.
- Article 7.
- Article 8.
- Article 9.
- Article 10.
- Article 11.
- Article 12.
- Article 13.
- Article 14.
- Article 15.
- Article 16.
- Article 17.
- Article 18.
- Article 19.
- Article 20.
Read the General Conditions of VeiligStappen.nl for Consumers in the further tabs.
Contents General Terms and Conditions Consumers VeiligStappen.nl:
• Article 1 - Definitions
• Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
• Article 3 - Applicability
• Article 4 - The offer
• Article 5 - The agreement
• Article 6 - Right of withdrawal
• Article 7 - Obligations of the consumer during the cooling-off period
• Article 8 - Exercise of the right of withdrawal by the consumer and costs thereof
• Article 9 - Obligations of the entrepreneur in case of withdrawal
• Article 10 - Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
• Article 11 - The price
• Article 12 - Warranty and liability
• Article 13 - Compliance and extra guarantee
• Article 14 - Delivery and implementation
• Article 15 - Duration transactions: duration, cancellation, and extension
• Article 16 - Payment
• Article 17 - Complaints procedure
• Article 18 - Disputes
• Article 19 - Additional or different provisions
• Article 20 - Amendment of the VeiligStappen.nl General Terms and Conditions
Article 1 - Definitions
The following definitions apply in these terms and conditions:
1. Additional agreement: an agreement whereby the consumer acquires products, digital content and/or services in connection with a distance agreement and these goods, digital content and/or services are supplied by the entrepreneur or by a third party on the basis of an agreement between that third party and the entrepreneur;
2. Withdrawal period: this is the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
3. Consumer: the person who does not act for purposes related to his trade, business, craft or professional activity;
4. Day: calendar day;
5. Digital content: data that is produced/supplied in digital form;
6. Duration agreement: an agreement that extends to the regular delivery of goods, services and/or digital content during a specific time (period);
7. Sustainable data carrier: any tool - including e-mail - that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is addressed to him personally in a way that future consultation or use during a period that is geared to the purpose for which the information is intended and which allows unaltered reproduction of the stored information;
8. Right of withdrawal: the ability of the consumer to cancel the distance agreement within the cooling-off period;
9. Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who is a member of VeiligStappen.nl and offers products, (access to) digital content and/or services to consumers remotely;
10. Distance agreement: an agreement concluded between the entrepreneur and the consumer within the framework of an organized system for distance selling of products, digital content and/or services, whereby up to and including the conclusion of the agreement exclusively or partly use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication;
11. Model form for cancellation: the European model form for cancellation; can be downloaded on the following page: https://www.juridische-supermarkt.nl/modelform-voor-uitoefenen-herroepingsrecht. The European model form does not have to be made available if the consumer has no right of withdrawal with regard to his order;
12. Technology for distance communication: means that can be used to conclude an agreement, without the consumer and trader having to come together in the same room at the same time.
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Name of entrepreneur: VeiligStappen.nl
Business address / Postal address: Van Yrtebelt 93
Zipcode / Place: 8014 NP Zwolle
Return shipments for products from "Het Arsenaal":
Van Yrtebelt 93
8014 NP Zwolle
Reachable from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Chamber of Commerce number: 72105720
VAT identification number: NL194724311B01
Article 3 - Applicability
1. These general terms and conditions apply to the products of the Arsenal of VeiligStappen.nl for consumers, to every offer from the entrepreneur and to every distance contract concluded between the entrepreneur and consumer.
2. Before the distance agreement is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions is made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance agreement is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions can be viewed at the entrepreneur and they will be sent free of charge as soon as possible at the request of the consumer.
3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, contrary to the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions may be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that it is consumer can access it in a simple way. If this is not reasonably possible, it will be indicated before the distance contract is concluded where the general terms and conditions can be read electronically and that they will be sent free of charge electronically or otherwise at the request of the consumer.
4. In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply mutatis mutandis and in the event of conflicting conditions, the consumer can always invoke the applicable provision that is most relevant to him is beneficial.
Article 4 - The offer
1. If an offer has a limited duration or is subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
2. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products, digital content and/or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer.
3. Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer.
Article 5 - The agreement
1. The agreement is concluded, subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, at the moment the consumer accepts the offer and meets the corresponding conditions.
2. If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately confirm receipt of the acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the entrepreneur has not confirmed receipt of this acceptance, the consumer can terminate the agreement.
3. If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate security measures.
4. The entrepreneur can - within the law - inform himself if the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as of all those facts and factors that are important for a sound conclusion of the distance agreement. If on the basis of this investigation the entrepreneur has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request or to attach special conditions to the implementation.
5. The entrepreneur will at the latest on delivery of the product, service or digital content to the consumer the following information, in writing (by e-mail) or in such a way that it can be accessed by the consumer in an accessible manner (such as publication on the website) make available:
a) the place where the consumer can go with complaints;
b) the conditions under which and the way in which the consumer can exercise the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c) the information about our products;
d) the price including all taxes of the product, service or digital content; where applicable, the costs of delivery; and the method of payment, delivery or implementation of the distance agreement;
e) the requirements for canceling the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is of indefinite duration;
f) if the consumer has a right of withdrawal, the model form for withdrawal. (see Article 1, point 11)
6. In the case of an extended transaction, the provision in the previous paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
Article 6 - Right of withdrawal
1. The consumer may terminate an agreement regarding the purchase of a product during a cooling-off period of 14 days without giving reasons. The entrepreneur may at all times ask the consumer about the reason for withdrawal, but not oblige him to state his reason(s).
2. The cooling-off period referred to in paragraph 1 starts on the day after the consumer, or a third party designated by the consumer in advance, who is not the carrier, has received the product, or:
a) if the consumer has ordered several products in the same order: the day on which the consumer, or a third party designated by him, has received the last product. The entrepreneur may provide that he has clearly informed the consumer prior to the ordering process, refuse an order for several products with a different delivery time.
b) if the delivery of a product consists of several shipments or parts: the day on which the consumer, or a third party designated by him, has received the last shipment or part;
c) for agreements for a regular delivery of products during a certain period: the day on which the consumer, or a third party designated by him, has received the first product.
3. If the entrepreneur has not provided the consumer with the legally required information about the right of withdrawal or the model form for withdrawal, the cooling-off period ends twelve months after the end of the original cooling-off period determined in accordance with the previous paragraphs of this article.
4. If the entrepreneur has provided the consumer with the information referred to in the previous paragraph within twelve months of the starting date of the original cooling-off period, the cooling-off period expires 100 days after the day on which the consumer received that information.
Article 7 - Obligations of the consumer during the cooling-off period
1. During the cooling-off period, the consumer will handle the product and the packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent that is necessary to determine the nature, characteristics, and operation of the product. The basic principle here is that the consumer may only handle and inspect the product as he would be allowed to do in a store.
2. The consumer is only liable for the value reduction of the product that is the result of a way of handling the product that goes beyond what is permitted in paragraph 1.
3. The consumer is not liable for the value reduction of the product if the entrepreneur has not provided him with all legally required information about the right of withdrawal before or at the conclusion of the agreement.
Article 8 - Exercise of the right of withdrawal by the consumer and costs thereof
1. If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, he or she must report this to the entrepreneur within the withdrawal period by means of the model form for withdrawal or in another unambiguous manner.
2. As soon as possible, but within the period specified in Article 6, from the day following the notification referred to in paragraph 1, the consumer returns the product or hands it to (an agent of) the entrepreneur. This is not necessary if the entrepreneur has offered to collect the product himself. The consumer has, in any case, observed the return period if he returns the product before the cooling-off period has expired.
3. The consumer returns the product with all accessories supplied, if reasonably possible in its original condition and packaging, and in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
4. The risk and burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal lie with the consumer.
5. The consumer bears the direct costs of returning the product. If the entrepreneur has not reported that the consumer must bear these costs or if the entrepreneur indicates to bear the costs himself, the consumer does not have to bear the costs for return.
6. If the consumer cancels after having first explicitly requested that the provision of the service or the supply of gas, water or electricity that are not made ready for sale commence in a limited volume or quantity during the cooling-off period, the consumer is the entrepreneur owes an amount that is proportional to that part of the commitment that the entrepreneur fulfilled at the time of cancellation, compared to the full compliance with the commitment.
7. The consumer does not bear any costs for the performance of services or the supply of water, gas or electricity that are not made ready for sale in a limited volume or quantity, or for the supply of district heating if:
a) the trader has not provided the consumer with the legally required information about the right of withdrawal, the reimbursement of costs or the model form for withdrawal, or;
b) the consumer did not explicitly request the start of the performance of the service or supply of gas, water, electricity or district heating during the cooling-off period.
8. The consumer does not bear any costs for the full or partial delivery of digital content not supplied on a tangible medium if:
a) prior to its delivery, he has not explicitly agreed to commence compliance with the agreement before the end of the reflection period;
b) he has not acknowledged losing his right of withdrawal when giving his consent, or
c) the entrepreneur has failed to confirm this statement from the consumer.
9. If the consumer exercises his right of withdrawal, all additional agreements will be dissolved by operation of law.
Article 9 - Obligations of the entrepreneur in case of withdrawal
1. If the trader makes it possible for the consumer to withdraw electronically, he will immediately send a confirmation of receipt after receiving this notification.
2. The entrepreneur reimburses all payments made for ordering the article/product. (the price of the product + the first shipping costs), the costs to return the item/product are for the customer. The reimbursement will, immediately but within 14 days following the day on which the consumer notifies him of the cancellation. The entrepreneur may wait to pay back until he has received the product or until the consumer demonstrates that he has sent back the product, whichever is the earlier.
3. The entrepreneur uses the same payment method that the consumer used for reimbursement unless the consumer agrees to a different method. The reimbursement is free of charge for the consumer.
4. If the consumer has opted for a more expensive method of delivery than the cheapest standard delivery, these costs will always be borne by the consumer himself, the entrepreneur does not have to pay back the additional costs for the more expensive method.
Article 10 - Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
The entrepreneur can exclude the following products and services from the right of withdrawal, but only if the entrepreneur clearly stated this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement:
1. Products or services whose price depends on fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence and which may occur within the withdrawal period
2. Agreements concluded during a public auction. A public auction means a sales method in which products, digital content and/or services are offered by the entrepreneur to the consumer who is present in person or who are given the opportunity to be present in person at the auction, under the direction of an auctioneer, and in which the successful bidder is obliged to purchase the products, digital content and/or services;
3. Service contracts, after full performance of the service, but only if:
a) the performance has begun with the express prior consent of the consumer;
b) the consumer has stated that he loses his right of withdrawal once the entrepreneur has fully executed the agreement;
4. Products manufactured according to the consumer's specifications, which are not prefabricated and which are manufactured on the basis of an individual choice or decision of the consumer, or which are clearly intended for a specific person;
5. Products that spoil quickly or have a limited shelf life;
6. Sealed products that for reasons of health protection or hygiene are not suitable for being returned and of which the seal has been broken after delivery;
7. Products that are by nature irrevocably mixed with other products after delivery;
Article 11 - The price
1. During the validity period stated in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services offered are not increased, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
2. Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur can offer products or services with variable prices that are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any stated prices are target prices are stated in the offer.
3. Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
4. Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
a) they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions;
b) the consumer has the authority to cancel the contract with effect from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
5. The prices stated in the range of products or services include VAT.
Article 12 - Warranty & Liability
We ensure that when you purchase one or more of the solution-oriented products from "The Arsenal" from VeiligStappen.nl that the product is in good condition and works. If this is not the case, you can consult Articles 6 to 10 or read yourself about returns.
The use of all solution-oriented products from "The Arsenal" is entirely at your own risk. VeiligStappen.nl is not liable for any form of direct and indirect (injury) damage to yourself, your property, third parties or the property of third parties.
Article 13 - Compliance with the agreement and extra guarantee
1. The entrepreneur guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or usability and the legal provisions existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement provisions and/or government regulations. If agreed, the entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
2. An additional guarantee provided by the trader, his supplier, manufacturer or importer never limits the legal rights and claims that the consumer can assert against the trader on the basis of the agreement if the trader has failed to fulfill his part of the contract agreement.
3. An additional guarantee is understood to mean any obligation of the entrepreneur, his supplier, importer or producer in which he grants the consumer certain rights or claims that go beyond what is legally required in the event that he has failed to fulfill his part of the agreement.
Article 14 - Delivery and implementation
1. The trader will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing requests for the provision of services.
2. The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the entrepreneur.
3. Taking into account what is stated about this in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the entrepreneur will execute accepted orders with due speed, but no later than 30 days, unless a different delivery period has been agreed. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than 30 days after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to terminate the agreement without costs.
4. After dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will immediately refund the amount that the consumer has paid.
5. The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer or a representative designated in advance and made known to the entrepreneur, unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
Article 15 - Duration transactions: duration, cancellation and extension
1. The consumer can at all times cancel an agreement that has been entered into for an indefinite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services with due observance of the agreed termination rules and a cancellation period of one month at most.
2. The consumer can at all times terminate an agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services with due observance of the agreed termination rules and a cancellation period of one month at most.
3. The consumer can the agreements mentioned in the previous paragraphs:
a) cancel at any time and not be limited to cancellation at a specific time or in a specific period;
b) cancel at least in the same way as they are entered into by him;
c) always cancel with the same cancellation period as the entrepreneur has stipulated for himself.
4. An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period of time and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a specific duration.
5. Contrary to the previous paragraph, a contract that has been entered into for a definite period of time and that extends to the regular delivery of daily, weekly and weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly renewed for a specific duration of a maximum of three months, if the consumer extended this can terminate the agreement by the end of the extension with a notice period of at most one month.
6. An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products or services may only be tacitly extended for an indefinite period if the consumer may cancel at any time with a notice period of one month at most. The notice period is at most three months if the agreement extends to the regular, but less than once a month, delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
7. An agreement with a limited duration for the regular delivery of daily newspapers, news and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is not tacitly continued and automatically ends after the trial or introductory period.
8. If an agreement has a duration of more than one year, the consumer may cancel the agreement at any time after one year with a cancellation period of at most one month, unless reasonableness and fairness are opposed to cancellation before the end of the agreed duration resist.
Article 16 - Payment
1. Unless otherwise specified in the agreement or additional conditions, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within 14 days after the commencement of the reflection period, or in the absence of a reflection period within 14 days after the conclusion of the agreement. In the case of an agreement to provide a service, this period commences on the day after the consumer has received the confirmation of the agreement.
2. When selling products (from the Arsenal) to consumers, the general terms and conditions may never oblige the consumer to pay more than 50% in advance. When advance payment is stipulated, the consumer cannot assert any rights regarding the execution of the relevant order or service (s), before the advance payment has been made.
-In exception to Article 15 - Payment paragraph 2: When selling products from the B2B Arsenal to consumers, Article 15 - Payments paragraph 2 will lapse and the General Terms and Conditions for B2B Customers will apply.
3. The consumer has the duty to immediately report inaccuracies in payment data provided or specified to the entrepreneur.
4. If the consumer does not meet his payment obligation (s) in time, this is, after he has been informed by the entrepreneur of the late payment and the entrepreneur has granted the consumer a period of 14 days to still meet his payment obligations, after payment has not been made within this 14-day period, the statutory interest is due on the amount still due and the entrepreneur is entitled to charge the extrajudicial collection costs incurred by him. These collection costs amount to a maximum of 15% on outstanding amounts up to € 2,500; 10% over the following € 2,500 and 5% over the following € 5,000 with a minimum of € 40. The entrepreneur can, for the benefit of the consumer, deviate from the stated amounts and percentages.
Article 17 - Complaints
1. The entrepreneur has well-publicized complaints and deals with complaints under this procedure.
2. Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted promptly, fully and clearly described to the entrepreneur, after the consumer has found the defects.
3. Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within a period of 14 days with a message of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
4. A complaint about a product, service or the service of the entrepreneur can also be submitted via the Contact form on our website. (https://www.veiligstappen.nl/en/contact-us). The complaint will then be processed by one of our employees.
5. The consumer must at least give the entrepreneur 4 weeks to resolve the complaint in mutual consultation. After this period a dispute will arise that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
Article 18 - Disputes
Agreements between the entrepreneur and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions apply are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
The European Commission offers an online dispute resolution platform for consumers, which can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. We voluntarily participate in a dispute resolution procedure.
Article 19 - Additional or different provisions
Additional or deviating provisions from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and must be recorded in writing (by e-mail) or in such a way that these can be stored in an accessible manner by the consumer on a durable medium.
Article 20 - Modification of the General Terms and Conditions Consumer VeiligStappen.nl
1. VeiligStappen.nl uses multiple conditions; one for consumers, one for business customers & one for our services. Pay attention to which conditions apply to you.
2. Changes to these terms and conditions are possible when it will be to the benefit of the consumer. Or when there is more clarity about processes. This is also possible on all General Terms and Conditions on and from VeiligStappen.nl. Otherwise, an announcement will always be made on our news page.
Van Yrtebelt 93, 8014 NP Zwolle